Thursday, September 15, 2011

sisterhood of the traveling pants

I started “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” by Ann Brashares. I have seen the movies, but I have always heard the books are so much better than the movies. The book gives more of a description on their childhood, and how close they have been. The book starts out with a prologue, written in Carmen’s point of view. She had got the pants from a thrift store near this water store called Yes. The purchase was random, because she just bought it to just end up throwing away. I love their friendship together, it is so strong and loving. The book is pretty much about the lives of four best friends who are going to be separated during the summer, doing their own things. The four best friends try on the pair of pants Carmen bought from the thrift store. They find it strange that the pants happen to fit all of them amazingly. They are different shapes and sizes, so they come to the conclusion that they are magic pants. I just do not understand how they could fit all of the, but I guess it is just a book. Anyways, they discover that the pants all fit them a few days before they are all separating. Tibby is staying home to work at Wallman’s. Bridget is going to Baja, California for soccer camp. Lena and Effie, Lena’s younger sister, go to Greece to visit their Grandparents. Carmen goes to South Carolina to visit her Dad and his new family. They all decide to make rules about the pants; some of them are quiet funny. I wish I had a pair of pants I could share with my best friends that fit each of us amazingly. Even though I just started this book, I definitely like it much better than the movie. I am so glad I started reading this, because if I did not read this, I would probably be reading another Ellen Hopkins book. I like her writing and ideas, I just think her books are too depressing. I like to read books that make me happy, even though they can be too fairy tale ending, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment